Tuesday, March 29, 2011

creative people of the world UNITE!

Ok, so this is a common misconception about artists and cultural workers and people who generally can and SHOULD put their voice out there-- that we gotta be PRODUCING all the fuckin time.  But you know what? There's not that much support out there, as in OFFICIAL support, for the artistic shit we're trying to do.  Especially for some of us and some of our communities.  I'm sorry, but when did EXPRESSION as in HUMAN EXPRESSION become private property? 


New one I'm workin out...


PRODUCTION spread the word get heard 
don't know what I'm saying who gives a fuck 
as long as the hits on my site are growing and 
showing that my voice is more valuable than yours.

PRODUCTION cuz resources are limited 

and I need other people to appreciate appreciate 
if I'm supposed to keep making the hate go away.

PRODUCTION as in we need to 

PRODUCE in order to create, 
PRODUCE in order to self validate
PRODUCE in order to show the world 
that we actually exist but damn
sometimes I can't even 
pass a bowel movement
take a piss
cuz the STRESS 
is too intense.

So I'm just sayin, 

I CANNOT work under the pressure to be a PRODUCER 
cuz I'm a cultural WORKER.
cuz product oriented culture
makes me tired makes me disconnected 
from my sisters from myself
Less accountable and less real
unable to work unable to deal
so give me a present and sustainable
Process. 
I'm looking for process.


~~~


Really feeling homeboy ill doctrine on this one...







LOVE AND CREATION!!

2 comments:

Prachi said...

I feel you.

Constantly focusing on productivity, blocking the flow of creativity, Can I really create
the life I desire or will I continue
to be shackled to the chains?

La Bala said...

Hmmm, I don't know if I question whether I can create the life I want so much as whether the little hater will let me...gotta keep beating that lil shit down. Cuz being shackled to the chains is just not an option for resilience.